7 Reasons To Try Banting
Banting is the first online marketplace for licensed pharmacies. This new company has paved the way for you to finally be able to compare prices and safely shop from different pharmacies online. Here are the 7 top reasons why you should try Banting today:
1. The Same Insulins
Banting lists licensed Canadian pharmacies with perfect records for you to order insulin from at 70% of the cost charged by the same manufacturers here in the US. Banting provides you access to the same insulins, made by the same manufacturers. All of the medications sold through Banting are authentic products, made by the labeled manufacturer.
2. Pharmacy Vetting
Banting vets every pharmacy it works with. All legitimate pharmacies are licensed and must uphold strict standards to remain licensed. Every pharmacy available for you to order from on the Banting website has passed the three following tests:
- For each pharmacy, Banting confirms the pharmacy’s license through their state or province, as this is part of the public record. This is step 1 of Banting’s pharmacy verification process.
- For each pharmacy, Banting carefully reviews for a history of any complaints against a pharmacy before listing them in our marketplace.
- For each pharmacy, Banting checks for any complaint histories to ensure that only pharmacies with a perfect shipping performance are given the opportunity to ship insulin to you.
3. Access to Affordable Insulin
The Banting marketplace only lists licensed pharmacies from the US and Canada. In Canada, drug prices are negotiated, resulting in significantly lower prices. By ordering through the Banting marketplace, you can buy the same insulin products, from the same manufacturers, with savings of 70%.
4. Safe Shipping
You need to know your insulin will remain in its safe temperature range 2℃ – 8℃ (36℉ – 46℉) during shipping. The pharmacy fulfilling your order will be doing the following to ensure your insulin is delivered safely to you.
- Your insulin will always be shipped with cold packs to ensure that it remains in it’s recommended temperature range during delivery.
- Your insulin will be packaged in styrofoam boxes. Styrofoam creates a cold zone within a package that allows heat from the outside in at a very slow rate. This makes it possible to ship cold and perishable items safely, even when it takes a few days for a package to reach its destination.
- Your box will have a temperature indicating sticker inside, which indicates if the temperature inside the box went outside the recommended temperature range for insulin (2℃ – 8℃ or 36℉ – 46℉) at any point during delivery.
- Your insulin will be delivered within 48-72 hours after ordering from banting.co.
- Your insulin will require a signature upon delivery. We recognize that insulin is a life-saving medication .
5. Banting is a Public Benefits Corporation (PBC)
When the founders of Banting incorporated the company, they made a very conscious choice to file as a PBC. A PBC is a specific type of corporation that allows public benefit to become a charter, and commits the company to consistently spend some of its profits in support of a specific public benefit. From its inception, Banting was created first and foremost for the people and to address the disparities in the current US healthcare system. Banting’s main goal is to provide access to affordable healthcare for everyone.
6. The Team
Banting’s founding team is committed to providing better access to healthcare. Co-founders Kennedy and Parm both believe that healthcare should be more affordable and easily available.
7. Our Mission and Values
Banting’s mission & values:
To exemplify humanist healthcare through the delivery of accessible insulin while being a community partner for patient empowerment.
- Humanist in accordance with humanism in healthcare as outlined by the Arnold P. Gold Foundation
Integrity, excellence, collaboration, compassion, altruism, respect, resilience, empathy, and service
- Healthcare in the context of health as defined by the WHO
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
- Accessible is defined as the condition of being both affordable and available